Sunday, January 13, 2008

A special thank you to San Diego and the Giants

I want to thank the San Diego Chargers and NY Giants for ridding the playoffs of Indianapolis and Dallas. Because of you, Brett Favre can play one more game in a Snowy Lambeau Field, and the Patriots pretty much wrap up a trip to the Super Bowl for a possible replay match-up of Super Bowl XXXI (Green Bay and New England).

Anyone who knows me, knows I hate the Cowboys, in fact there are only two other teams I hate more, OU and Texas A&M. So to see them stumble and fall in their first playoff game... again... against a team they beat twice in the regular season, was sweetness.

Indianapolis is just a team I don't like, and I dunno why. I just do not like the Colts. I used to hate Peyton because he had a habit of blaming everyone around him, but he finally grew out of that, so there's really no reason why I shouldn't like them, but oh well.

In all honesty, I should have been cheering for them, because San Diego plays in the same division as the Broncos, and I HATE Phillip Rivers (he's a big headed prick who thinks his shit doesn't stink) and Shawne Merriman (he's a cheater, asshole, and a thug), but I would rather the Pats play the Chargers, because they will maul them, and not just merely eke out a win like they would against the Colts.

Anyways, another week another round of losers going home. So far my hopes have come true to this point in the playoffs. In fact I boast a perfect score on my selections. Here are my picks for the final three games.

New England over San Diego (AFC Championship)

Green Bay over New York (NFC Championship)

New England over Green Bay (Super Bowl XLII)

Here are some pointless fun facts for your enjoyment.

Fun Fact #1- All of the teams remaining are ones with Two-word cities or locations, Green Bay, New England, New York, and San Diego.

Fun Fact #2- Eli Manning, and not Peyton is the one who led his team to the Conference Championship round. Maybe baby brother is all growed up.

Fun Fact #3- 3 out of the 4 remaining teams are from cold weather places. So there is a 75% chance of two cold-weather teams playing in sunny and warm Arizona.

Anyways, there was some fine football on this weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing two of my most hated teams take a tumble. And next week, weather permitting, we might get to see two blizzard games. Won't that be fun?

4 comments:

Angela said...

A PATS fan too, Ian?!

JeebusGawd... I fall more in love with you every damn day!

Ian Townsend said...

The pats are my second favorite team. Broncos are number 1. I just wish they would get rid of their stupid logo... but whatever... still the best damn team in football.

Anything else I can do to gain your everlasting love and devotion?

Angela said...

Hmmm.. Dunno. We may have to talk NASCAR ;-)

Ian Townsend said...

And that is where you ose me.

Driving in circles is not a sport. PERIOD.