Friday, January 25, 2008

Good things

Sometimes... in our darkest times, good things shine through and make us see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My year has not started off well. Things that I neglected, things that I should have paid more attention to caught up to me. But they are taken care of now, and in the past. Another bad memory in the rearview.

But through all of that, a new path in life has appeared before me, and with it a promising future. I have something to look forward to, something I cannot wait for.

In the past few months, I was a person without much direction. I was just kind of going along, not really paying attention. I had "plans" for my future, but I was very invested in them. In short, I was really unhappy with where I was and where I was going.

Sometimes it takes bad things to bring the good to you. It took me going through a really difficult situation to find my way.

I did not do this alone either. I had many people helping me out, and without them, I would be stuck in the same rut I was in before. I am proud to have the friends and family I do, and I thank God for them, and for my life experiences. I would not be who I am without everything in my life.

So here's to the path behind me, and to the one in front of me... and to those who have been with me along the way.

Cheers.

~Ian

No comments: