Friday, April 27, 2007

Can you believe this?

Ok... it's not often that you get fabulous opportunities that you never expect.

After spending 12 hours finishing up the newspaper, Vince and I accompanied our advisor to the Muskogee Phoenix (the local paper) to give them our layout so they could have it printed. We were shown around and met the sports editor, Mike Kays. After telling him all we do, and letting him know I'm interested in working there this summer, he mentioned that he was trying to find someone who would go to Dallas to take pictures and write stories on the Red River Athletic Conference baseball tournament that our baseball team is involved in. Vince and I said we would do it, because it was in Dallas and I could stay at home for the trip. The only sticking point was taking my exams earlier than scheduled. Well the 4 of us talked about it further and decided to try to see if we could get it done.

That was Wednesday night. Fast forward to present.

Vince and I had to present the Baconian Online to the Board of Trustees, which is the people who "run" my school. Needless to say that went great, due to our fabulous wit and charm. Later on the new edition of the paper came out, so I took hem around campus. Well i ran into the president and vice president, and talked to them about our presentation, the new issue, and other things. The opportunity to shoot in Dallas came up, and both of them were very interested in hearing about it. The vice president is in charge of academic affairs, so it was up to him to decide if we could take exams early.

HE SAID IT WAS OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So May 1-4... I will be in Dallas, taking pictures and writing stories for the Muskogee Phoenix and.... GETTING PAID TO DO IT.

Yep... I will now be a paid publicized published (outside of school productions) journalist. I'm so happy right now... and I can't wait to do it. I get to go home, see my family, take pictures, get out of class early, write, have fun, drink 6 point beer, etc.

Today has been a GOOD DAY.

I'm finally doing something that makes me so happy, has so many opportunities, and I have alot of fun doing.

Wish me luck... this can lead to further assignments, and advancement in my field.

YAY!!!

3 comments:

Terrible lie said...

Sounds like this was a good week for you.. And you now have your foot in the door for future jobs!
As long as you impress these people.. I'm sure they will keep you in mind.. Isn't it great when things just seem to be falling into place??

Ian Townsend said...

its WONDERFUL

christelpistol said...

THAT
IS





AWESOME!