Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Invisibles and I: A story of me and my "friends"

I have invisible friends. They arent imaginary cause their fuckin real dammit! Just cause YOU cant see them doesnt mean they dont exist... it just means youre not looking hard enough.

I have my drinking buddy Cap'n Morgan. He and I drink together often... but sometimes I drink with my friends Shiner and Bud. They all get me well intoxicated and help me have a fun time doing it.

Tommy Insomnia keeps me awake and entertained. He tells me what I should be doing instead of sleeping. "Drink a Red Bull, you can't sleep on life..."

Walker is the guy who gets me motivated and drags my ass out of bed. He pushes me to the limits and beyond and never lets me settle for less than what I can achieve.

Those are my "on the outside" friends... Ive also got the ones who run around in my head.

Pauly is the one who gets me in trouble. Hes the one I forget not to listen to and end up doing something stupid. Usually the others keep Pauly in check, but he sneaks up on me when the others are sleeping.

Wolf is my conscience. Hes the one who talks me through shit... gets me going in the right direction. If it wasnt for Wolf, Ian would have been a loony, a druggie, or a goner. All three of those options just dont appeal to me.

Ethan is the smart one... the one who knows everything and can NEVER be wrong. Alot of people know him.... hes pretty pretenious at times.

Aidan is the kid... the one who never lets me forget to have fun, relax and enjoy life. "we dont get to be kids for long so enjoy it while you can or when you can. Life is too short to not have some fun." Life is so much simpler in the eyes of a child.

Joey is my financial advisor. Hes not a very good one though... thats why Im always broke. I think I need to find someone else for the job.

David... well hes the asshole. Hes the one who loves nothing more than to piss someone off, to cut someone down, to make sarcastic comments... hes the guy you hate... but oddly admire for his brutal honesty... but it doesnt stop from wanting to beat his ass from time to time.

Finally... theres me. Ian. Im the guy whos left after you take all of the others away. After you strip all the layers away... you get to me. Im a nice, caring, funny, light hearted individual, who loves to help out his friends and family. Im the one who will sit down and listen to you and help you solve your problems. Im the guy who everyone loves. Despite what all of my other "friends" do... people still love Ian.

You may think Im crazy... a little on the nuttier than a Payday side... but look within yourself and see if you cant find a whole bunch of different personalities. See if you cant dig deep within your soul and find the real you under all the layers.

I think you may be afraid of what or who you will find. Dont be... because who you are defines you, in all facets and aspects. Your friends know the real you... can you find that within yourself too? Look around... you may be suprised at what you find.

1 comment:

Ian Townsend said...

why thank yous. im glad your family too!