Thursday, April 5, 2007

Hello again, my good friend, Tommy Insomnia

So Im a liar. I said my last post was my final post before Easter. Well my Insomnia.... lets call him Tommy... had other ideas. I was gonna get a nice night of sleep before an extremely stressful day of writing, seminars, workshops and driving... but as always Tommy showed up.

Its not that I dont like Tommy... its just he shows up at the WRONG times. When Im out partying... wanting to stay up all night... hes no where to be found. When I want to sleep... he comes aknockin...

SO here I am at 2 in the A.M. writing because Tommy told me to. I found its easier to listen to him then to argue with or ignore him. Lets talk shall we?

Have you ever been bordering on being happy and being unhappy and walking that thin line capable of going either way? I am right now. I could be happy, I could be unhappy but I find myself in the middle... or rather indifferent. Ive got some things going one way in my life and some things going the other and it keeps me stabilized. My sanity and emotions are for once not riding a roller coaster.

I spent the whole month of Feburary as an emotional and physical wreck and ever since then Ive been rather leveled out. I was told by a doctor to possibly seek out stress relieving or anti-depressant drugs, but luckily I haven't needed them or felt a pressing desire to be back on them. I know when I was that I was so out of it that I missed alot of things, and I dont feel like going through that again. Its too much of a hassle.

I do have to admit that over the last month, I got the weight off of my shoulders for the most part. Instead of being like Atlas and holding the world on my shoulders... Im more like a normal person just dealing with everyday problems. I get really worn out from carrying all of my problems and everyone elses too. So I think I'll stick with mine and let other people deal with theirs... sure Ill still assist when needed but I will stop carrying the brunt of the load. A guy can only take so much.

I feel like Im writing a novel.... jeez... see what happens when Tommy Insomnia comes to visit?

Alas I will stop writing before I lose my audience to boredom. Once again to all of my readers... please have a fun and safe weekend... and dammit... ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!

~Ian and Tommy... the Dreamless Team

2 comments:

christelpistol said...

alas, i have no Tommy Insomnia. i have Princess SleepsLikeTheDead.


neener.




oh, and being Atlas makes for yeeeeeeeears of chiropractic care later. let's avoid that, shall we?

Ian Townsend said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT! I believe the below post proves such a point.