Monday, April 23, 2007

For the long haul...

I went back to Dallas this weekend...

for the last time until... I don't know.

On one hand I am kind of happy. I will finally be living in my own apartment and working to pay for myself. Ya know bills and shit. I will finally have a place of my own and won't be living with my parents. I'm quite excited about that for sure.

What saddens me is the fact that I will be spending the rest of the year in OKLAHOMA. Yeah I know... sucks. I really cannot wait to leave this state. The sooner the better, because as close as it really is to Texas... its just NOT Texas.

First off there are far too many Sooner fans. These people are absolutely insufferable. Texas fans are proud, but Sooner fans are blindly... stupidly... moronically... proud. I do have to applaud their dedication but damn. I would rather deal with USC fans... they're all laid back pot smoking califonians... Sooner fans are more often than not HICKS. They plaster OU all over EVERYTHING. Ive seen a guy with a Bob Stoops tatoo. Yeah this guy had Bob Stoops tattooed on his arm. These folks are weird. I love my team but they go too far.

On a side note, A friend and I have come up with several new names for OU. Due to their love of Texas athletes (the football team has more Texas boys than Oklahoma boys) we now refer to OU at the University of Texas at Oklahoma. I will refer to them further as UTO. Also we on occasion call them Chokelahoma, due to their love of choking in the big games. It's a sad occurence, but great for cracking jokes.

But I digress.

The D/FW metroplex has more people than the entire state of Oklahoma. The city of Houston has 3 times as many people.

I need my cities. I need my crowded, dirty, busy, never sleep, never back down cities.

I need somewhere that doesn't close at 9 p.m.

I need a place where cops have better things to do than harrass you for no reason.

I need a place where the local hangout spot isn't Wal-Mart. I love Wally World, but when you go there because theres nothing else to do.. BAD BUSINESS.

Now you may ask WHY I am staying in OK until I graduate. Well I want to live off campus next semester, and also have a job longer than a couple months. I want to work somewhere until it's time for me to pack up and go home to Texas. I hope to have a job at the local newspaper and get into the business. I want to make those connections and get that experience that I will need to pull the bigger better jobs after I graduate.

One good thing on the horizon, I will no longer be an inmate of Posey Penitentiary. I will finally be parolled from the hell hole I live in. (I will tell the story of Posey later)

But I'm still in Muskogee till December... anyone wanna visit and keep me company?

please?

1 comment:

Tenacious B said...

Ever been to Texas A&M? Just as bad.

But I feel for you. Oklahoma is Texas' back 40. It's where we put all the despondent things we have no use for.

Perhaps ChaCha and I can pay a (short) visit.

I guess it's time to start learning the words:
"Oooooooooooooooooooklahoma where the wind goes sweeping down the plains..."