Sunday, April 8, 2007

I dont do cliche

If anyone can tell me how to do the little thing over the e id appreciate it.

Anyways...

Is anyone else tired of everyone looking/acting/being just like everyone else? Im so sick of looking around and seeing 98% of people who are identical to at least one other person. Its soooooooooooo stupid... I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but there is a limit.

I do realize we all do follow some trends. Its impossible to avoid it. I personally try to be myself and like things that I genuinely want to. Some people do things to be cool... not me. Its not me... and never will be. I wear things I like and do things I like. I listen to my own mix of music which is anywhere from Linkin Park to Elton John to Ludacris to Brooks and Dunn. Hell I even listen to Beethoven. I watch shows most others I know dont like. Im huge on the Discovery Channel and shows like Mythbusters. People I know cant even tell you what channel the Discovery Channel is. I can tell you the DAILY SCHEDULE.

Im not telling you to avoid popular trends... I know Im victim to them from time to time, but dammit be yourself. Quit being Eminem, or Good Charlotte, or Lil Jon... quit being whatever is popular and changing your style everytime something new comes out. How is anyone going to know who you are when you dont even know yourself?

Life isnt about being cool, but being yourself. How can you enjoy life when you spend all your time seeking out that which is cool and fashionable and not following your heart? I want to live in a society of individuals and not one of clones and sheep.

This is simply my opinion and feel free to think whatever you would like. If you are incapable of thinking for yourself and have to be told what to think then let me help you. Read the following sentences and follow the instructions. GET A LIFE, GET AN OPINION, AND HAVE AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT/IDEA/DECISION. DONT LIVE YOUR LIFE BASED ON EVERYONE ELSE AND THEIR COOLNESS FACTORS. INVENT YOUR OWN!!!

Thats all for now folks....

You may return to your lives.

No comments: