Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Hi, my name is PAIN

Ok... so for those who don't know, I have minor back problems. When I say minor, I mean 2 pinched nerves, 2 torn ligaments, vertabrae damage, and deteriorating disk spacing. Ya know... nothing major.

ANYWAYS I woke up on sunday morning slightly hung over (Captain Morgan and I hung out, got shitfaced) and noticed that two fingers on my left hand were ever so slightly numb. Not so you would really notice, but enough to make you go "well this is new"... Also the sometimes present pain in my neck and upper back returned. I figured it had to do with me being hunched over a computer or desk all week working on the newspaper... but I took precaution and decided to see the chiropractor on monday if the conditin wasnt any better.

Monday comes... and the condition remained the same, so off I go to see the doctor. He listens to my laundry list of ailments and tells me it may be a fine idea to perhaps pursue other avenues of activity besides contact sports. Well he took X-Rays and did some adjusting and therapy on me. Numbness in hand has subsided but pain is ever present.

Fast forward to today... I got a call from the chiro... he asked me in all seriousness how I was ever having a moment WITHOUT pain. It appears I have not one but TWO bulging discs, one in my neck one in my lower back, that are putting pressure on several nerves and causing all of my pain and numbness problems. I figured now was as good of a time as any to inform him of my high pain tolerance, and basic ignorance of annoying things that attempt to distract me. He replied ever so eloquently "Well ignoring this could put you in a wheelchair."

Um Im not cool with that. So at this point in time I am pursuing therapy to attempt to correct these problems and get myself "straightened out". Wish me luck on that pursuit.

Update time: The March Issue of the Baconian came out this past Friday and I wrote a front page article, the major sports story, a movie review, took the front page picture, and did page layout. Can you say that I was kinda busy? Sheesh.

Im attending a Media Day Conference at Northeastern Oklahoma State University tomorrow and I have to compete in the writing competition where I interview someone and write a story in a severely short amount of time. Im a little aprehensive about this... but wish me lots and lots of luck tomorrow.

Well thas about it... this is my last post before Easter so I hope everyone has a safe extended weekend, and has fun searching for them colored eggs... that a bunny laid... still dont get the joke behind this.... ANYWAYS...be safe have fun and Ill be back on Monday!

~Ian "Wolf" Townsend

No comments: