Thursday, August 9, 2007

Veritas

Veritas is the Latin word for Truth.

Let's discuss.

I am a big believer in total honesty. Lets not be fools here though, I know better than to think I or anyone else for that matter is ALWAYS 100% honest. But that aside, I think that honesty is one of the highest virtues.

I will almost always be honest about something, regardless of the situation, and sometimes can be bluntly or brutally honest. It's just my nature. So is it bad I expect the same from others?

If you ask me something, then I will give you my honest answer. Yes it does get me in trouble, because often I tell people things they don't want to hear. Often I will say too much. I don't know any other way. I don't see the point in being false, fake, or disillusioning people. I believe everyone deserves the truth.

So if you ask me what I think about something or someone, expect the truth. If you ask how I feel about something or someone, expect the truth. If you ask my opinion, expect the truth. Don't ask me something, and expect me to bullshit you. It simply wont happen.

So if you hear words coming out of my mouth, or see things I write, then know it is true. If I tell you something, it is my honest truth. Some people choose to live their lives shrouded in lies and deceit, but I refuse.

Let us be honest and truthful... Do not hide things or say false things. Do not let your true feelings be hidden away. Trust me, it leads to the worst of things. I have a terrible need to trust... and it is really hard when I cannot trust someone. So make things easy for both of us... and be honest. Know I will always be honest with you... can you always be honest with me?

Veritas... it is a way of life.

No comments: