Tuesday, August 7, 2007

New Beginnings

It's not everyday you happen upon a second chance, or a new beginning. Sometimes, things just happen to fall in your lap at the most odd moment.

It always sucks when you lose something or someone and you feel like it/they are gone forever. You wish you could have done things differently, wish things had transpired other than they did. Eventually you accept it and move on. Sometimes, you get to try again. Sometimes that thing or person comes back into your life, and you get the chance you didn't get before.

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. I know that everything has its purpose and its time, and you just have to wait to find it out. As much as you may hate waiting, may hate not knowing why, it will come to you with time and wisdom. Sometimes the time isn't right, or the situation is wrong. Sometimes things just aren't stable or cohesive enough. For whatever reason, things may leave us... but they can come back, at the right time, the right place.

I was recently granted a new beginning with someone I thought was lost to me. It hurt me to lose them, and I did ask why it happened, and received no answers. Time passed, and I moved on. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I, out of the blue, contact that person and we begin to talk again. We have both changed, matured, grown up. We have so much more in common, and our feelings are different this time. We realize that we have something great, and while we regret that it did not come earlier, we both know it came at the right time. It was a new beginning between the two of us, and I could not be happier.

She has made me a better man and I hope I have made her the better as well. Why did she come back into my life? I don't know. I am not going to question it though. I'm going to let things happen as they may, and just ride the tide.

The brooding, slightly unhappy, melancholy, mopey Ian has gone away. I have a lightness about me now, and it is thanks to this newest of beginnings.

The moral of this story is simple. Things can change in a heartbeat, and you have to always be ready. What you think was gone may come back again, when the timing is perfect. Don't lose hope for the things that seem impossible or unreachable. Know that there is always that chance that you can have what you can only hope and dream for.

I dreamt of having someone in my life that makes me happy and cares about me. I have that now. So always keep hope in your heart, and smile, because you never know when the sun will shine on you again and give you a new beginning.

No comments: