Monday, August 6, 2007

A Poem for YOU

It's not award winning material, but it is short, sweet, and to the point. Enjoy.

The shine in your eyes,
brings a smile to my face,
and the sound of your laugh,
touches me deep in a very special place.

I think of you and find my self happy,
Of your touch that sets fire in my chest,
Your presence that lightens my day,
And your presence that brings out my very best.

With you, I have come forth from a cold dreary world,
to a place in which my joy can be unfurled.

I'm a man who believes in the depth of true emotion,
and to the ever present feel of true devotion.

You have made a new man of me in this time,
And have even made me begin to speak in rhyme.

So thank you, for all that you do,
And for most simply, just being you.

Happiness has found a home in my heart
And its the thing I've wished for from the very start.

No comments: