Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sorry is just a word

I'm sorry for SOME of the things I did
I'm sorry for SOME of the things I said
Only because they hurt you, which is not what was intended

I'm NOT sorry for the way I feel
I'm NOT sorry that I care
Because I do not regret my feelings.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be whatever it is you wanted.
I'm NOT sorry that I won't change who I am

You live, you learn, you love, you lose, you move on.

We cannot live our lives based on the past, but based on the now and the future. You learn from your mistakes, and grow accordingly. I have grown alot in the past few years, possibly more than most, and through all of those growing pains, Ive learned this. You can only trust others once you trust yourself. If you have no faith in yourself, you can accomplish nothing.

I have faith in myself, and thats why I am able to keep moving forward, despite setbacks I may encounter. I have three jobs, two of which are huge opportunities to move me forward in journalism, I enjoy what I do for a living, and I look forward to doing it every day, I will soon have my own apartment, and I have a great family and great friends.

I want for little in this life, but I have learned that to get what you want, you don't have to change who you are to get it. I have spent too much time molding myself to others, instead of finding someone who fits me how I am. It's time for me to set myself and my ways, and let someone fit the puzzle piece instead of fitting the puzzle to them.

So sorry is just a word to me. Yes it means something, but not as much as actions and feelings do. Sorry implies regret, which I never do. Everything happens for a reason, and for some reason things happen. We must deal with them, learn, and move on. That's life.

I am sorry for some things, but not in the way you think. I am only sorry that it affected you negatively, but not sorry I did them.

Oh and a small side note, I just want to let all of my friends and family know that without you, I am nothing. You have supported me through the worst of things and the best of things, and I can never thank you enough.

Not sorry for being me, just sorry you are gone.

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

baby brother,
our puzzle pieces change all the time. and please don't lock yourself into ONE shape, size, color... and spend the rest of your life looking for the one that fits. no ONE piece fits. and it may fit on 3 sides, but that 4th side will be the part that you love the most. it will be the one that you want to yank your hair out about and it will be the one that dances in the crowded restaraunt.

never say "THIS is who i am , take it or leave it". because you will watch so much love walk AWAY from you instead of TO you.

you are an amazing and wonderful man. kind-hearted and have a beautiful spirit.

just sit and be still. incredible things happen that way.



i love you.