Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Expensive Snow Angel

So it cost Wes Welker 10 grand to make a snow angel after scoring a touchdown...



What is wrong with the NFL? Why are they fining a guy for having a little fun in the snow? When did the NFL become the No Fun League? Players are getting fined left and right for this shit, as well as hitting people too hard.

Last time I checked, football is a contact sport. People love big hits. Its exciting, funny, and more often than not, the worse the hit looks the less it hurts. I got hit a lot (you can tell) and the hits that hurt the most were the little ones for some odd reason. But whenever I would crush someone or someone would return the favor, I never felt it. So when someone gets decleated and the whole stadium goes "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH". That shit is awesome.

Back to my original topic, I think it's silly to fine someone for playing in the snow. I can see fining someone for digging out a cell phone and making a call, or grabbing pom poms and dancing, or signing a ball with a Sharpie he pulled from his sock, but making a snow angel? Come on... If that is the case, then the players jumping in the stands should be fined. Any player kneeling to pray should be fined. The guy slam dunking the ball over the cross bar should be fined. Lets fine everyone. Score a touchdown and get fined 10k. Fuck it.

Stupid, that's what this is. I hope someone builds a snowman next... that would be worth the fine! Where is the holiday spirit? It's about giving not taking!

Merry Fucking Christmas!

No comments: