Friday, February 1, 2008

The Navy recruit is finally here!

On January 31, 2008 I became a Naval recruit.

After about a month of paperwork, and other bullshit, I have finally accomplished what I set out to do. I am in the Navy.

Keep your seaman jokes to yourself.

Unfortunately, I did not gt the Mass Communication job I was aiming for. Apparently the job will not be available until next year. So, I am going into Avionics.

Due to my 95 on the ASVAB test, (4 points shy of a perfect score), I was able to pretty much pick whatever job I wanted. Due to my leave time frame, and my record of traffic violations (yeah it bit me in the ass) That field was limited. But I was still able to to get the best job field in Aviation that the Navy offers, which is fucking awesome.

And I can apply for the Mass Comm job as soon as it comes open, so it's still in range, it's just over that hump.

Anyways, as an Avionics recruit, I get to work on planes and learn all about them, and I also get the chance to fly.

Let me repeat that... I CAN FLY!!!!!

Slightly excited about that. My A school will be in Pensacola Florida for 14-26 weeks, depending on what job I choose in Avionics. From there I go on assignment or I go to flight school.

I leave for Basic Training on March 3rd, and I am working on getting shifted to leave out of Dallas instead of OKC.

So that's all the news I have for now... I'm really excited, and thank you to everyone who has supported me through this whole process.

Here's to my future!

~Ian

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

YAY YOU.


and seriously? AVIONICS? i just cant get away.