Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It comes in 3s

I had a good, light-hearted blog in mind (to counteract my last few melodramatic pissed off blogs), but fate intervened. I woke up this morning in a decent mood, ready to start the day and inch one day closer to being on leave. So I walk outside to wait on my ride (explanation on that coming in a moment), and I'm about a hundred feet from the parking lot when I spot my car, and something looks wrong. As I get closer I know something is wrong, and this is what I found.



Talk about a hell of a way to start your day. Anyways, I had to file an incident report, go through a bunch of phone calls, complain and bitch a bit, and then later I realized something. This was just the 3rd thing to go wrong with my car. There's a saying "All things come in 3s". First, my battery died, and it was a PAIN to change it. Next, My transmission shifter cable crapped out, and my car has been stuck in the barracks parking lot for the past two weeks, forcing me to walk or bum rides. Lastly, this incident happened. I dunno if someone was drunk and just pulled an idiot, or someone is a truly bad driver, but they mangled my car.

The worst part of the whole mangling was that they didn't even leave a note with their number and name so I could call them and find out what happened. The car can be fixed, and besides pissing me off to have my personal property damaged, it could have been much worse. The lack of respect to take responsibility for this, and be a fucking coward... that's what made me madder than anything. Someone said I was being stupid for being upset about someone hitting me, and should not care because it's going to be paid for one way or another by me... but how would you feel if someone hit your car and drove away without manning up and taking responsibility? You'd be fucking pissed. I think I was and am justified in being upset.

Alas, there isn't any reason for me to be upset any longer, so I'm gonna let it go. I spent my time upset, but it'll get fixed. It'll buff. My trans cable is getting fixed tomorrow, and soon I will get the bumper and light fixed. Eventually my car will be whole again, and the cycle of 3s can begin again... hopefully further on down the road. I really need a break from fixing my car!

Who knew a new car would be such a pain! Jeez.

~Ian

No comments: