Friday, April 3, 2009

It may not be Thanksgiving, but...

I was talking to a friend today, and she made me realize something. Despite all that I've been dealing with lately, despite all the things I've had to complain about, I have so much to be thankful for. Hear, for your reading pleasure, is the things I am thankful for.

First and foremost, I am so thankful for my friends and family. Both have evolved over the years, but they have constantly been my rock when the waters of life are raging around me. No matter what's going on, I know that I can pick up the phone and they will be there for me. There are a lot of people who don't have the family and friends I do, and I know I'm the luckiest guy on earth to have those people in my life.

I have a JOB. In this economy, these things are getting hard to come by. On top of having said job, it is a very stable safe job as well. I know, that no matter what happens with the economy, I will have my job. How many people can say that? Let us not forget, I also get to do a job that I enjoy for the most part, and one I picked to do, and wasn't forced to choose. Along with my job, I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge, and a comfortable bed to sleep in. God, am I thankful for all of that!

Despite all the trouble it has been causing me lately, I have a car that works most of the time. I'm (most of the time) able to get to and from places without relying on others. Sure, for a couple of weeks, I was relying on the good nature of others, but for the most part, I'm independently mobile. Hooray for that!

I have money in my pocket and in a bank account. I didn't always have that. A lot of people still don't. I have plenty of things taking my money, and God knows I have plenty of things I owe on, but I have a steady income, and I know that I'll be able to support myself and not rely on others to help me out, even though if the time arose when I need help, my friends and family will be there for me. It's nice to be financially solvent, and I'm very thankful for that.

I'm thankful I am an American, and I'm very thankful I'm from the great state of Texas!

I'm thankful for all the past experiences I've had that made me who I am.

I'm thankful for all of the people in my life who have effected me in some way, and molded me into me.

I'm thankful to be alive.

I'm thankful for my life as a whole, no matter what has occurred, and what has transpired. It led me to here and I cannot complain about that.

So those are just a few things I am thankful for... a reminder that when times are hard, there is always something to be thankful for in the bleakest of times.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: