Monday, March 9, 2009

Row, row, row your boat...

SO i found out the date of my departure from Corpus Christi, TX to begin my journey to my new home port in Norfolk, VA. June 11. On that day, they will finally take the boy out of Texas... but will never pry Texas out of the boy.

Sure I've lived outside of Texas to go to school, but hell I could come home every once in a while. When I move to Norfolk, it will be more than a hop, skip and a jump. It will be more like a flying leap, or at least a very long drive.

Do not get me wrong, I am very excited to get to go somewhere different. I did join the Navy to go places, so being back in Texas, while nice and very accessible to family and friends, is not what I was planning. So moving to the largest Navy base in the world seems like a good adventure. I hear good and bad things about it, but I plan to make my own judgments.

So anyways, I will be shipping off for there in around 3 months, which means I better enjoy my last few months in this area. I hope to spend time with my sister in about a month (car willing) and maybe time with my friends who will be down here for Spring Break. I just have to get time off from work, which at this stage, seems mostly unlikely (except for a week in April for which I already have a leave chit).

Work has been.... WORK. Let's just say busy is an understatement. Long hours, and late nights are the everyday norm around my life, and days off are a rarity. We have a detachment leaving soon, so preparation for that has been hectic, and getting things to work, even more so. Hopefully, once they leave, things will slow down a little bit and we won't be running around like a group of headless chickens. Maybe.

So anyways that's my Navy life as of late... just work and more work, with an extra helping of work. Oh and a side of work to go with my work. Oh please hold the sleep and social life... I don't need any of that. Just sprinkle on a little extra work instead.

~Ian

No comments: