Wednesday, March 18, 2009

FML? How about you STFU

What is it with this whole Fuck My Life fad? Why is every one so damn whiny and upset about how their life is? Sure I make some complaints about my life.. I am not immune to feeling a bit down sometimes, but to build a whole subculture fad around the concept of FML is downright stupid.

Is this the society we live in today? Has the emo, slit my wrists, I'm so misunderstood, I hate the world mentality taken over? I hate it when suburban white kids with money, security and a shot at a good education cry and whine about how HARD life is and how much their life sucks. Shut the fuck up. Those kids growing up in a ghetto with one or no parents, struggling to make ends meet, getting a shitty education, but they still press on and won't let things get them down... they might have a reason to complain a bit. You crybaby middle class whiners need to get a clue.

I used to whine a little bit back in the day. Then my dad took me down to a GHETTO part of Dallas, and I understood... I had it EASY. I had everything I could ever ask for. I grew up and realized that life could be much much worse. I still have a few minor gripes with my world, but honestly, I have a good steady job, a steady income, a roof over my head, a car (when it wants to work), and a great family and great friends. I've got more than a lot of people, so I generally keep most of my complaining to a dull murmur.

So if you live a generally comfortable life, and most of your needs are being met... Shut up. Quit crying and go make something of yourself. Quit getting gay haircuts, putting on mascara, wearing stupidly tight jeans and bitching any time someone makes fun of you or picks on you. Act like a viable member of society and maybe people will stop treating you like the damn fool you are.

Stop with the FML shit. No one cares you wimp. STFU and get on with your life.

~Ian

No comments: