Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Public Service Announcement No. 3: Laugh, it's good for you

I believe in the power of laughter. I come from a naturally funny family. If you are ever around us, you are guaranteed a lot of laughs. All of my friends are funny. The great things is they all have their own humor style.

It is a proven fact that laughing makes you feel better. It releases endorphins and there is nothing better when you are feeling down then a good laugh. I know when I am in the dumps, I automatically feel better after laughing... and sure it may not last long, but it is still nice to get that good feeling.

There is a reason why we love telling those funny stories and jokes to everyone. It makes us feel good to relive funny times, and to make other people laugh with them. Your life is so much better and much more enjoyable with laughter in it.

I go out of my way sometimes to make people laugh. Whether it is telling a bad or stupid joke, or doing something entirely dumb, I will do it to get a laugh. I really don't have to try to make someone laugh, but sometimes that extra effort is worth it.

So the point of this PSA is to bring up this point. Do a little (or a lot) of laughing. Try to find the humor in every day life. If you do that, you will find yourself enjoying your life that much more... and will make even the most dull, boring, or monotonous things seem a lot better.

So in the immortal words of George Carlin, LAUGH YOU BASTARDS IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

~Ian

No comments: