Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pride

When I used to watch military movies, hear about the fighting our troops were doing for our freedoms, listened to songs about those who battle for our country, I felt a little bit of pride.

After just 11 months in the Navy, those things mean so much more to me for one reason: PRIDE. I feel a swell in my chest when the National Anthem is played. I hurt when I hear about the troops we lose over in the Middle East. I burn with anger when I hear people talking about killing Americans.

I have always been a born and bred, red blooded American. I am proud of my Irish and English heritage, and proud to be from the great state of Texas, but to be an American... means a massive amount to me. My father served in the Air Force, and his Father and Uncles before him served in the Army Air Corps. Serving my country runs in my family's blood, and to continue that amazing trend is my absolute honor.

I can't say that I am fighting for our freedom. I am not standing on the front lines defending this country against all enemies. I am not on guard standing tall against evil. What I am, is a man who decided to serve his country in a way that fits his personality and his skills, and with those things, I will make myself and my Navy better. I don't think I am or pretend to be some American hero. I don't believe I am someone who deserves thanks for serving this great country, or to be bought things for what I do for the USA. I think I am just doing my part. I am simply proud to serve and honored to call myself a United States Sailor.

Thank you to my brothers and sisters in arms, thank you for everything you do, whether it is defend our lines or fix our ships, aircraft, and vehicles. Thank you to those who do those things necessary to keep our military running. Thank you to each and every man and woman who serves this great country of ours. Stand tall, be proud, and salute smartly... you serve the greatest military in the greatest country in the world.

For those who have fallen,
For those who still stand tall,
And for those who are yet to come,
BE PROUD!
To the past,
The present,
And the future Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, and Airmen,
Be proud of who you are,
What you've done,
And who you will become.

Believe in yourself,
Those who stand beside you,
And those you defend.

Be proud of what you stand for,
What you protect,
And what you are fighting for.

HONOR!
COURAGE!
COMMITMENT!

HOO YAH U.S.A.!!!

No comments: