Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nightwalker

So I am working nights again. I am still not used to the change in working times, but I am getting there. As some of you will know, I used to work nights, and I have a thing for night time anyways. So me working the night shift seems only natural, I just have to get back to being used to it.

I have been back in my shop over a week now, and its good times. I am still learning, and sometimes I can't get people to help me out or train me, so I feel pretty damn useless at times. I am learning and am getting more useful, but at the moment I am marginally useful. It is however nice to see the work you've done function correctly, plus those things break so often, that we never have a shortage of things to fix.

My metabolism has been slowed it seems. I used to be able to eat, drink, and do whatever I wanted and I would stay around the 185-pound area. I am currently around 205 and it seems like I put on more weight each week. I am really not complaining mind you, and since I started working out again, it won't be fat. The only thing I for see being a bit of a problem is my clothes fitting. I may be busting out of my shit soon... I'll end up pulling a Hulk before long... you won't like when I am angry....

I got the first season of Dexter on Blu-ray the other day, and I have to say... now I know what I was missing, and what the sister was telling me I was missing. It is a great show, and I really really want to get the next two seasons.

That being said, I have a slight interest in serial killers. I watch a lot of shows that involve them, and I do a lot of reading about them too. They fascinate me. I had a minute interest in becoming a profiler (like on Criminal Minds, another of my new interests) but it never panned out, but I still have interest in it. I guess you can call it a hobby? Anyways, I just find them fascinating... but I am not sure if that is creepy, because there is a whole lot of shows/movies/books based on them... so I guess I am not alone! If anyone wants to buy and send me the Dexter books, I will love you forever (or until I finish the books and find a proper way to re-compensate you).

I have neglected up until this point to make my New Year's resolutions, so I guess I could hop on that. So here are few that I have come up with, with more to possibly follow later:
-Get back in fantastic shape and weigh in at about 220 lbs.
-Get as qualified for my job as possible and put myself in position for commendations and awards for my hard work (helps me advance faster).
-Give a hell of a Best Man's speech at Bryan's wedding.
-Work on my novels... I have been slacking.
-Get to taking more pictures, get collateral duty doing that for the command, and eventually start getting Town's End Media up and running. (details on that coming soon)
-Blog more regularly. I have a habit of slacking.
-Be a good friend, son, brother, sailor, and stay out of trouble for once.

That's all I have for the moment, but as I said, there is possibly more to come along.

Good luck to my sister on her diet and other current abstinences. You can do it!!!!

Oh one last note. I had a coach back when I was playing Pop Warner football, and he has two daughters. One I have known since she was around one, and the other I have known for her whole life. They have always been like little sisters to me, and recently I seemed to have really taken the big brother role for them. It is kind of weird being that for someone, and I have taken the eldest under my wing, and am mentoring her on the ways of life, (as much as you can for a 13 year old) and I definitely have to credit my sister for showing me how it is done. She has taught me so much! So yeah, I am a "big brother" of sorts now... how cool is that?

Ok guys and gals, that is all I have. You may now return to your regularly scheduled internet activities.

Oh and I will be moving from Corpus sooner than expected... Around the July-August time frame, so if you want to come vacation down this way and hang... do so quickly!

I'm out like a light.

~Ian

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

hi. i miss you. that is all.