Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good and bad to begin 09

So 2009 is 6 days old and it has had it's ups and downs. New Years Eve and Day were pretty much awesome.

The 2nd and the 3rd managed to be better than last year, but still had a certain suck factor. I have decided the 2nd and 3rd of January are not good days for me.

I went back to work yesterday, and it was finally to my actual job! I have really enjoyed being back in my shop, and even though the days are long, I am doing bitch work, and I am pretty tired, I love it. It's so good to be doing what I was trained to do.

Texas beat Ohio State last night in the Fiesta Bowl. They should have been playing for the National Championship, and I think getting snubbed kind of hung over them, because they came out pretty sluggish and didn't kick it up until the 3rd quarter. i thought they were going to run away with the game, but then they fell back asleep in the 4th, and had to rally a last minute drive to win. It wasn't the prettiest win, but it was a signature Texas win.

Colt McCoy should have won several of the awards he was snubbed for, and the performance he put on last night proved it, but oh well, he will win them next year, en route to leading Texas to a National Championship.

Oh and for those people around the country who keep saying that Texas didn't deserve to be in the NC, because they lost to Texas Tech, whom OU beat, let us look at those wins that were so talked about.

Texas beat OU on a neutral field by 10 points. No real crowd or atmosphere advantage, just Texas proving themselves better.

Texas loses to Tech in Lubbock on a last second score. Major crowd and atmosphere advantage in Tech's favor. It was the biggest game in their history. They had Texas on the ropes all game, but a fantastic second half by Colt almost knocked them off, but Texas couldn't stop Michael Crabtree. Texas looked to be worn out from their tough stretch of games, but that is just an excuse. They played one good half and it hurt them badly.

OU beats Tech at home big time. Major crowd and atmosphere advantage. Tech looked like they spent all their energy on Texas and OSU. Couldn't get their head on straight and paid for it.

So yes, OU beat a team that beat Texas, and beat them convincingly... but remember last year when Tech beat OU in Lubbock and OU looked spooked the whole game because of the crowd. So anyone who argues that home field advantage is not a true factor, is simply stupid.

So Texas should not have been snubbed, but they were. OU ran up the score on everyone to prove how "dominant" they are, and it won people over and won Sam Bradford awards he didn't deserve. Anyone can rack up those stats behind that kind of line and those types of receivers. But Texas won with 2 upperclassmen receivers and a bunch of young guys, no real running game, and a decent line. Put Sam Bradford in that offense and he is toast. Call me biased, but look at the facts.

Anyways, now that i have gotten that out of my system, I am done with that complaint. OU will get smoked in their latest BCS loss on Thursday, and it will end the speculation on who is better.

So that is about all I have for now on updates into my life, and I am gonna go pass out.

~Ian

No comments: