Sunday, January 25, 2009

100 years of BEERS!

Shiner Brewery from little Shiner, Texas just celebrated 100 years of brewing some damn fine beer.

Their finest achievement, Shiner Bock, is their staple brew, but they also make special ones like Shiner Cheer, Shiner Black (another fantastic brew), Shiner Blonde, etc. Over the past 5 years they have made special anniversary brews, of which I am ashamed to say I have only tried three: 97 (which, because of its popularity became Shiner Black), 99, and 100.

Anyways, I wanted to say Thank You to the brewers of Shiner Beers for their fine work and for giving me a damn fine beer to drink! And another thanks to my SISTER for handing me a bottle with a yellow label and a ram on it and telling me to drink it. I owe you so much!



That is my collection of Shiner bottles... all the types I have tried... There is only one that is currently brewed that I haven't tried, and that is Shiner Light... which I am questioning whether I ought to try, but I am thinking... why not, if only to add another bottle to my collection. And so you know... they are all empty. Do you really think I would waste good beer? Shame on you...

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

the shiner light isnt terrible.


i promise.