Friday, December 28, 2007

I don't care, I really dont...

If you're expecting any humor, stop reading this post now. I'll write a funny one later.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the media is being more and more invasive on peoples lives these days? As a member of the media, I have to say it kind of sickens me. I am a private person, so I naturally believe that a persons privacy is sacred, even if they are ultra-mega-superstars. There a re a few things called respect and decency that are no longer required by society.

I don't care who has been sleeping with who, what they are or aren't wearing (In several cases, many popular females forget their undergarments), What they are eating, what they are shopping for, where they are spending vacation, and whether they are pregnant and who the baby daddy is.

So what if Jessica Simpson, in her true blonde idiot glory, is dating Tony Romo, and perhaps costing him the game against Philly? Does it affect MY life?

So what if the Spears family is the biggest group of famous trailer trash ever? Am I the father of Jamie Lynne's baby? Well... actually it might be possible...

Why is so much of our time and interest invested in people whose lives consist of shopping, eating, lounging on some beach, sleeping around, and occasionally acting or singing for MILLIONS of $$$? Wouldn't our time be better spent on our families and friends? Or maybe on more worthy causes such as the state of our world in general? Couldn't the money that we pay these spoiled brats go to better things such as the education of our youth? I would rather pay a teacher a million bucks a year to teach children how to read and write, than pay some bitch or asshole that money to entertain me. Does anyone else realize that the practice players (scout team for those sport inclined readers of my blog) of ANY sport get paid more than any teacher around? (Scout teamers in the NFL earn a base salary of $400,000, while a teacher of 25 years might get around $100,000 if they are VERY lucky.)

It really sickens me. So to all of those overpaid stars and starlets, FUCK YOU. To all of those people who waste their lives following these people around with cameras or spend too much time telling the world about them, FUCK YOU. To all of those people who waste their lives keeping up with the daily gossip and what stupid thing Britney Spears is up to today, FUCK YOU.

You are all perpetuating the cycle in this downward spiral called society. Get some damn decency. And I know, I will get the obligatory comment that says "If you don't care then why are you writing all of this? Obviously you DO care." so now that I have covered that, there is no need.

I'M DONE.

*gets down off soapbox*

No comments: