Thursday, December 27, 2007

Back by popular demand

So it has been a ong time since I posted anything with substance. The truth is, I haven't felt like writing. I suppose when you write for a living, all of your recreational writing tends to take a backseat.

BUT

I decided that writing for fun helps keep my skills sharpened, and also is exactly what it's meant for... FUN.

So here we go.

As a few of you have heard, I'm finished with school (for now). I finished all of my course work and will walk in May for my Associates in Journalism. An A.A degree is pretty much a joke for me, considering I spent 4 years in school for it. Yes, I changed my degree 3 or 4 times, but still... Anyways, I PLAN on pursuing a Bachelors at the very least, but I don't know when. I'm sure it will happen sometime, but unless one of my jobs wants/needs me to, then I won't be planning it for anytime soon, i.e. within the next 6 months.

I am enjoying my job as a sports agate clerk/sports copy editor at the Muskogee Phoenix. To check out some of my work, simply go to muskogeephoenix.com and search for me. You'll find my stuff. I'm hoping that my job will become a full-time one soon, but I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket. So keep your fingers and toes crossed for me, pray, or do whatever to send good vibes my way.

I am enjoying being home for an extended period of time. this is the first time since last Christmas that I have been home for more than 3 days. I got to see family and friends, and most importantly relax. I also hope to see my girlfriend, Renee when she comes down for New Years. Now if I can just talk Christel into coming up here, the New Years Bash will be complete...

Oh and yes, you read the above right... I am dating someone. Her name is Renee, she is 26 and lives in Shawnee, OK. Anyone who has ever heard Oklahoma Girl by the Eli Young Band would know that the song is TOTALLY fitting. If you haven't heard said song, do check it out.

ALSO, as plans stand, I will be seeing 2 concerts within 8 days of each other, On Feb. 29, I will be seeing a band I have managed to miss on numerous occasions, Linkin Park in OKC, then will be going to Austin to see the Dropkick Murpys on March 7 with the best sister in the whole world. So I'm excited.

Well that about wraps up the updates for me. It's been a crazy ride lately and I hope to keep everyone more updated and treat you to the best I can come up with to keep you entertained.

Stay tuned...

Oh and by the way, HOW BOUT THEM HORNS! They drubbed Arizona State tonight, and for all those jackasses out there... Texas STILL owns the streak for consecutive 10 win seasons (7), and Mack Brown is the winningest coach in the last 12 years with 122 victories. Eat that Sooner fans!

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

winningest comeback post ever.