Saturday, May 10, 2008

AR Townsend coming to you live from Naval Training Station Great Lakes!

Hey guys, how ya been? It's been a LONG time since I've written, and for the uninformed, the reason is that I have spent the last 2 months in Basic Training for the U.S. Navy. On March 3rd I left a civilian, and on May 2nd I officially became a U.S. Navy Sailor.

It was a long tough 2 months, but at the same time it was a life changing experience, and really wasn't what I was expecting. I enjoyed watching myself become a whole new person, but still remaining the person I already was. I am very happy with my decisions and am glad to be where I am at... unlike where I was around 3 months ago.

Anyways, I am currently at Naval Training Station Great Lakes in Great Lakes, IL. for around 2 months for school, then I transfer to Pensacola, FL for the rest of my training. From there... I have no idea where I will be heading, but it will be an Adventure where ever I go. (I won't be heading to the Middle East so don't you worry about that.)

I will be writing more often as soon as I get settled in and I figure out what stories I can and cannot share with the world. So thank you to those who kept me in your thoughts and have supported me from day one.

~Ian Townsend, AR, USN

2 comments:

christelpistol said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE



it's YOU!


for real for real!

christelpistol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.