Saturday, May 17, 2008

Head in the clouds

I guess with being in boot camp for 2 months, the simplicity allowed me to sort things out a little bit and get my head on straight.

With all that's going on these days (school, duty, training, etc.) my heads coming unscrewed again. I guess you could say I am spacing out a little and feel all out of sorts.

My mind goes places when I should be focusing and I think about things I really shouldn't be worrying about. It's not that its distracting me or affecting my training, it's just starting to drive me a little nuts.

Anyone who knows me, knows I over-analyze EVERYTHING, especially given the time to think about it. Its a bad habit, kind of like smoking is for some people, one that gives me health problems and will probably shorten my life but I just can't stop.

I find that when I am thoroughly distracted, have something to focus on, or am so busy I can't think is when I can control it. Unfortunately for me, I tend to have a decent amount of down time, or I am engaged in a mindless activity that allows my mind to wander, leading me to unknown (or too well known) places.

I wish I could shut those thoughts out, or just resolve them, but I can't ever seem to, especially when it involves things I deal with on a daily basis. Most of the time I worry about the things I have no control over, which I know is ludicrous, but I can't help it... I'm a control freak, and when it feels like I don't have control over something, I hate it.

I dunno what to do about it really, except try to just realize that if I can change it, to do so, if not, don't worry about it.

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Like I said before, it doesn't effect anything I am doing, but I certainly don't want it to get to that point. I guess I will just have to deal with having my head in the clouds from time to time, even if it is a severe thunderstorm up there.

In other news, I started Apprentice Technical Training (ATT) classes on Tuesday, and so far so good. It's all self paced computer training, so I should be done with it by the 13th of June, but I will still be stuck at Great Lakes due to being on Dental Hold, because they are taking forever to get all my dental work done.

It's a pain in the ass, but hey, at least I have a great friend to hang out with, stuff to do, and full liberty privileges... So I should be OK with being here a few extra days, even if I have sun, sand, and beautiful women waiting for me in Pensacola.

So anyways, I think that about wraps it up. I hope that everyone out there is doing well, and I hope I can see those I love and miss again soon.

"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand." -Irish Blessing


~Ian

No comments: