Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Extracurricular Activities

Disclaimer: This was written in my first year of attending Bacone College. These are my thoughts and feelings at that time. Some feelings still exist... others do not. Please read on.

Ok, if you don't know, I go to a small, podunk, over priced, suck ass school in Muskogee OK. Its name: Bacone College. Its pronounced Bay-cone, not Bacon, not Baconey. The name is beside the point I'm trying to make here, but it plays a roll. (We got invited to the Pork Bowl football game, because they thought we were Bacon College.)

Ok heres how dumb the people are at my school. Several (I mean a whole lot) of people do not know what an extracurricular activity is. Now get this. 75% or more of this schools student body are scholarship athletes. That means we get part of our school paid for by playing a sport. Now everyone who's got a triple digit IQ knows that a sport is an extracurricular activity. So this goes to show me that my school is chock full of really dumb people. I know they've filled out a form at some point in their life that had the words extracurricular activity on it. Its not possible in the athletic world, to avoid those two words. You could not believe the shock I got when I said the word, and more than one person went, "Whats that?" I didn't know whether to laugh, cause they were joking, or slap them because they weren't.

I even went to the lengths of breaking it down for them.

Extracurricular= outside school, Activity= something you do.

So extracurricular activity= something you do outside of school.

"Why didn't you just say sport or somethin?" Because I have an IQ above 75.

This occurence makes me wonder about the intelligence of my fellow classmates. Of course the school work doesn't help. People regularly fail classes that are physically impossible to fail. Seriously, with some classes, all you have to do is show up, and you get an A. Apparently that's Mission Impossible. The academics at this school are an absolute Joke. I feel myself getting dumber, because I'm around so many dumb asses, and I am taking classes where I learn absolutely nothing. Wasn't college supposed to be where you learned how to survive in the real world? Wait.... a thought occurs... In life you have to deal with stupid people all the time... Damn this school is better than I thought! Still, I'm going to kill someone soon. I swear, it just bothers me that such a high concentration of stupids happen to inhabit my school. I'm so frustrated by the intelligence level, or lack there of, at my school.

People always ask "you some kinda smart guy?" Why, because I speak properly and use words with more than 6 letter on a regular basis?

"Why do you gotta try to make us look dumb?" You're doing a fine job by yourself actually.

Can you understand the frustration? Can you see why I totally relate to my sister when she talks about the stupid people who come into her job? I hate dumbing down the way I talk because then I feel stupid, but it seems to be the only way to communicate around here with out getting dumbstruck looks, or having to repeat or explain what I'm saying. Sometimes its like talking to a brick wall. Its just wasted effort.

Its a crying shame. Extracurricular activity.... wow. Just the tip of the iceberg at this school.

No comments: