Sunday, June 8, 2008

And the wait begins...

SO I completed my Apprentice Technical Training (ATT) ten days ahead of schedule. It was all computer-based, and self-paced so I, being the intellectual that I am, of course finished early. It wasn't hard, just alot of pointless math and stuff I really won't use except on my advancement exams.

So anyways, I was thinking that by getting done faster I would get out of Great Lakes faster. Well that is not to be. Since I am Full Time Support (FTS), which means I am active duty in all ways except for when they count the number of active or reserve members I am counted as reserve, my orders for my next duty station have to be written differently.

So what does this mean? It means that I am on hold (stuck here) for more than a month. Now I am not complaining too much about sitting around here, doing practically nothing and getting paid for it, but I would trade that for getting into my actual training and moving along in my Navy career, and oh yeah BEING IN FLORIDA.

Oh, and the explanation I got for why I am different from the rest of the students transferring to Pensacola was so vague and worthless, I almost lost it on the woman. Is it too much to ask to get a proper explanation of why it is that I am getting screwed over? I would hope not, but as I always say... "Welcome to the Navy".

So anyways, maybe with all the down time I am about to start having, maybe I will blog more. I know I have been slacking, and I am sure my reader base has dwindled to almost nil, but let's see if I can draw in some new fans by updating my site somewhat regularly!

That's about all I have at the moment, so I will call it a post. Be back soon with some exciting or at least funny Navy stories!

~Ian

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

with all that money... you should send your sister some!


and the sooner you get to Fl... the sooner you then get BACK to TX!