Monday, May 18, 2009

Quietly I ride...

I've been pretty quiet for a while. I guess I really haven't had a whole lot to write about, or more accurately, had the will to write about.

It's been really busy lately. It seems like I am running on a perpetual cycle of the same thing. I switched back to working nights as a part of this whole new concept they have going in my squadron where they split us up into the group going to Norfolk in June, and those staying behind. Hectic isn't a good enough word to describe the chaos that it has been. Clusterfuck might work better. The main problem with the set up is the lack of qualified people on my shift... so there is almost no training going on, and a bunch of unquals trying to get things done without proper supervision or help when it's needed. I think that it is a partially good learning experience, be cause we have to learn to do things on our own, but not having people around to ask questions when we have them is killing us. So yeah... thats most of my daily routine.

On top of said headache, I am not sleeping very well. Everyone knows I have a history of sleep issues, but they seem to be getting worse as of late. I constantly wake up, don't get enough sleep, and feel exhausted all day long. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that I am used to running on low sleep... that and massive amounts of Red Bull. Luckily we had a full weekend off, but I still feel like I had a lack of sleep... even without a set agenda for the weekend, I could not pull off much sleep. Aggravating.

On a positive note, I am closer to moving. The count right now is at 24 days, I believe. 24 days until I move to Norfolk and begin a whole new adventure. Along the path to that new adventure, I get to spend time with some very special people... my friends and family. I will stop in Austin to see my sis, her bf, and hopefully my parents. then it will be off to Georgia to see Bryan, Rachel, and Jess. Hopefully I can see a few other people along the way too. I am very excited about the time span between the 11th and the 18th.

Oh and I don't want you guys thinking I'm totally miserable, because I'm not. I am actually pretty content, just exhausted. I've made 3 really good friends in the past month, and I look forward to us possibly getting a place in Norfolk. That would rock. Also, there is someone else who makes me very happy, and I really look forward to spending time with her. She is an amazing girl. So yeah, not miserable... just tired!

Anyways that's really all I have at the moment. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on the Move and hopefully I will get more inspired to write soon!

~Ian

No comments: